You just won a jackpot, or even better Rolling Hills Casino’s $52,000 Get Away With a Year’s Pay Give Away! Here’s some tips for celebrating the occasion with a photo that makes you look like the lucky winner you are.
Smile!!!! How can you look like a winner if you have a serious look on your face?
Smiling for the camera doesn’t come naturally for everyone. Many people are intimidated when smiling for the camera, because they are afraid of looking goofy. However, smiles are attractive, and show how happy you feel inside.
1. For a natural looking smile, skip the “cheese.” “Money” is a better word to say if you don’t want to risk smiling like a Cheshire cat. Words ending in an “uh” sound, such as banana, are especially helpful for softer smiles; and they are fun to say.
2. Pretend like you’re smiling at someone you love enough to share some of your winnings, and your smile will sparkle.
3. You don’t need to give a big toothy grin, but showing some teeth will brighten your smile. If you smile with your mouth closed you may look more serious and less happy than you really are.
4. You might try putting your tongue behind your teeth when you smile to avoid a goofy, too-wide grin.
5. Practice your pose in the mirror to find your good side.
6. Tilt your face slightly at an angle, with your forehead out a bit and your chin slightly down. This is a more flattering pose than looking straight into the camera.
7. To look thinner, twist your torso with one shoulder toward the camera and the other away from it.
8. Ask the person taking the photo to take more than one, and try a few poses. It’s your moment in the spotlight.
9. Have fun with it.